The table is set for the 2018-19 short track World Cup season ~ Passion/Patin/Vitesse - Passion/Speed/Skating

Pages

2 novembre 2018

The table is set for the 2018-19 short track World Cup season


The first World Cup event of the season in short track starts tomorrow in Calgary, Canada.

By Jackob Savard

In the last few weeks, we brought you inside the skaters' qualification and preparation process for this first season of the new olympic cycle. Starting tomorrow, the best short track skaters in the world will fight on one of the fastest ice on the planet. We’ll see the classic 500m, 1000m, 1500m and team relay distances as well as the new mixed relay event. The 500m distance will be raced twice this weekend in Calgary.



A young Canadian team ready to take on the world
Many teams will be represented by new faces this season and the Canadian team is one of them. Joining some seasoned skaters, there will be some newcomers like British Columbia’s Alison Desmarais. Asked about the upcoming World Cup, Desmarais didn’t want to set ranking goals. She wants to focus on learning for now and maybe add more results-oriented goals after the first two World Cups. "I am really excited but a little bit nervous. The level of racing is higher than anything I’ve ever experienced before." Another who will be at her first international event on the senior circuit is Courtney Sarault. "I am nervous, but really excited to show the world what I have’’ said Sarault. On the women's side, the entire team is made of rookies for the first two events this season and both Desmarais and Sarault think it’s a great because they will all learn together. "I can’t wait to see where I am compared to the best skaters in the world, especially the Koreans’’ added Sarault. In the men’s team, two younger skaters, Cedrik Blais and Steven Dubois, will also gain experience this weekend. "I am feeling well, the ice is fast and I think I am more excited than nervous about the competition. I have raced against guys of this level and I know I can beat some of them’’ said Blais who doesn’t hide his desire to earn medals this season. Just like his teammate, Steven Dubois also want to win his firsts international medals this season. ‘’I feel good, I skated fast times so far and I think I could have some good results this weekend.’’ It’s a young but motivated Canadian team that we will see skate this weekend in Calgary.

Livestream HERE
The live results will be available HERE



0 commentaires:

Publier un commentaire